Runtastic Running & Fitness
10,000,000 - 50,000,000 downloads
Also in : Running
- User-friendly interface
- Session history
- Story running podcasts
- Map routes using Google Maps
- It doesn't have global leaderboards
+ By Runtastic
Track your running sessions and improve your workouts
Join the quantify-self movement and smartify your workouts. It's easy with Runtastic.
Making the most of the motion sensors and GPS technology built in your smartphone, Runtastic tracks different parameters of your workout sessions and give you some insights to make you more efficient. Runtastic is your personal coach in these DIY times we are living.
It's really intuitive. Choose the activity you are going to practice (running is the default) and tap the green button to start tracking the workout. All the parameters are displayed in the tracking screen: duration, pace (min/km), distance, speed and calories burned. In addition, your route is mapped using Google Maps.
Those are the basics of Runtastic, but there's much more. You can select the workout type you are going to practice (basic, HIIT) or customize your own workout setting the distance, time, duration or calories goal. When you are done, you can add more detailed info to the workout: surface type, weather, temperature, how you felt and heart rate (requires a compatible Heart Rate Monitor device) and even hydration.
Sessions are stored in your history. You can check them any time and share through your social media to challenge your friends beat your records.
One of the most interesting features of Runtastic is the "Story Running" which are preset podcast you can listen to while running to get extra motivation. From settings you can enable/disable a bunch of additional options: voice feedback, powersong, heart rate zones... Most of them are only available in the Pro version of Runtastic.
Runtastic features an intuitive and user-friendly interface. It runs smoothly and it's pretty kind with your battery despite of the amount of built-in sensors it turns on during the session.
Only one catch worth to mention: You can share records through your social media but I'm missing a global leaderboard to compete against player from all around the world.
Regardless, Runtastic is one of the most intuitive and accurate workout tracker on the store.
The Runtastic Running & Fitness app uses GPS to map and track sports and fitness activities, such as running, jogging, biking, walking, hiking and many more. The 4.5+ rated app tracks details like duration, distance, elevation change, calories burned & more of your cardio and strength training workouts to help you build healthy lifestyle habits and reach your exercise goals. You want to live a healthier life and be your best self? Download our easy-to-use tracker app today and benefit from great design and exciting features to pump up your workouts.
The Runtastic running app is a great fit for users of all fitness levels. Become a part of a global fitness community with millions of registered users that is fun and motivational whether you're looking to improve your overall health, build cardio endurance or train for a marathon!
FITNESS APP FEATURES & BENEFITS: (limited in LITE version)
* Map workouts in real-time with GPS & monitor exercise progress
* Personal workout diary, advanced statistics & graphs
* Mapping: Detailed live mapping & historic mapping of training sessions (Google Maps)
* Runtastic Earth View: Watch your workout in 3D (free Google Earth App required)
* LIVE Tracking & Cheering: Show your friends where you are & draw motivation from their cheers
* Routes: Create, browse & find routes and save them to your Android phone
* Customizable dashboard configuration: Display preferred training statistics (duration, distance, pace, speed, heart rate, calories burned, elevation gain, time, post-workout hydration recommendation) during your workouts
* Monthly & overall metrics for elevation gain, pace, speed, heart rate, distance, number of workouts, duration & calories burned
* Voice Coach: Audio feedback based on your personal preferences
* Auto Pause: Session is paused automatically when you stop moving
* Use Runtastic Training Plans to make progress & reach fitness goals
* Interval run training, coaching and dynamic split (km/mi) tables
* Training Goals: Select a calorie, distance or pace goal to optimize training
* Challenge a Run: Compete against yourself by challenging past activity results
* Geotagging: Take pictures during your workout and see them on the map on Runtastic.com
* Orbit Connect: View activity stats on Runtastic Orbit, our new 24-hour wearable
* Powersong: Activate Powersong to boost your motivation
* Enjoy music with Google Play Music, Spotify, Pandora, SoundCloud & more, directly within the Runtastic app (available on Android 4.4 and above)
* LiveWare™ extension for Sony SmartWatch
* Post-activity details: Enter mood & surface info, receive hydration recommendation
* Colored Traces: Colors indicate training changes, incl. pace, elevation, slope
* Manual entry of workouts: Add treadmill, spinning, weight lifting workouts & more
* Sync your activities to Google Fit
* Integrate Runtastic activities to your MyFitnessPal account
* Android Wear Integration: Control your Runtastic app with Android Wear
* Share sports activities on Google+, Facebook, Twitter & via email
Please note, some features are limited in the lite version of Runtastic.
Save workouts to Runtastic.com & join our online fitness community. You'll get further exercise data analysis, coaching & comparisons with friends! These benefits keep you motivated while striving to reach fat burning, cardio training or overall health & wellness goals.
ADDITIONAL TRAINING RESOURCES
You can also choose an expert training plan to help you reach your goals. Training plans provide coaching & inspiration for fitness goals, incl.: weight loss, building endurance, jogging a 10k, running a half-marathon, running a marathon or attaining a bikini body!
Runtastic is all about health & fitness apps! Check out more of our apps to help you reach your fitness goals at http://play.google.com/store/search?q=pub:Runtastic
New in Runtastic 5.9:
* Runtastic goes Material Design: Enjoy our app aligned to Google's latest design guidelines!
Scientific,medical android applications
Extrem eingeschränkter Funktionsumfang und viel Werbung. Kostenlose Version In der Praxis nicht brauchbar. Bevorzuge Sportractive.
@Christy Dyer: to enter an activity manually go to history and press the + button on top right
After the recent update (May 27th) it does not pick up my heart rate monitor any more, was working fine yesterday.
Would not recommend. There are better apps.
Used the app to measure the distances in the forest preserve trail. It was a perfect match to the information booths and mile markers. I love using this app. I don't have to worry about tracking time, distance or location and it plays my music as well! I LOVE IT!
I haven't tried this one yet I've been using Ride and it's really but it sometimes sticks.